The Board of Trustees of the La Grange Park Public Library met at 7:00 p.m. in regular session on Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Call to Order/Roll Call
The meeting was called to order by President Foster. Upon roll call, the following persons were present: Trustees Hurley, Lee, Fagan, Seguin, and Dominguez. Trustee Whitman was absent. Executive Director Dixie Conkis was present.
Introduction of Visitor(s)
Sharon Kooi, Technical Services Director and Volunteer Coordinator. Sharon also runs the knitting group which takes donations of yarn and makes items to be given to local groups. Sharon supervises 36 devoted volunteers, the equivalent of two full-time employees.
Chris McClure, McClure Inserra, Auditor. Mr. McClure walked the Board through the Auditor’s Report.
Trustee Lee moved to approve Consent Agenda items, minus the Invoices to be Paid, and motion passed in a roll call vote: Fagan: abstain; Hurley: abstain; Whitman: absent; Foster: aye; Dominguez: aye; Lee: aye.
*Regular minutes of September 27, 2011
*Minutes of Executive session on September 27, 2011 to discuss litigation
*Minutes of Executive session 2 on September 27, 2011 to discuss personnel matter
Trustee Lee moved to approve the Invoices to be Paid in the amount of $57,727.81 for the month of October 2011 and motion passed 6-0 following a roll call vote.
a) Finance Committee –
b) Policy and Personnel Committee – Nov. 1 meeting scheduled
c) Library Development Committee – Met with Tari Marshall. Trustee Whitman wrote an article about Cindy Moriarity, new Children’s Librarian, for newsletter. The Holiday appeal going out again. A mailing to solicit funds from local businesses for new chairs will go out shortly.
- Trustee Lee moved to change LPS (LPPL) loan rule from one renewal to two renewals and the motion passed.
- Discussion of ADA Accessibility Project
- Trustee Lee moved to set the date of November 22, 2011 at 6:30 pm for the 2011 tax cap public hearing and the motion passed.
- Trustee Lee moved to cancel the December 27, 2011 regular monthly board meeting and the motion passed.
Communications, Correspondence and Meetings
- Friends of the Library
- Executive Director Conkis meeting with Tari Marshall. Executive Director Conkis preparing for WGN spot along with director from Thomas Ford Library.
Meeting adjourned at 9:15 pm